What is CPI?
In a world battered by one catastrophic event after another, Christians in publishing need to know how to discover the truth in chaotic situations, provide practical help to the church and community, and present a biblical perspective on complex topics.
Join Christian journalists, editors, publishers, broadcasters, and bloggers from around the world in Chicago as we gather June 26-29, 2022, to share experience and learn how to faithfully, skillfully, and safely cover the multiple crises affecting every nation on earth today. The Crisis Publishing Initiative conference will provide the knowledge, skills, and resources you need in order to research, report, and publish responsibly in crisis situations.
Are you equipped to find and publish the information the church needs in order to respond to crises as salt and light? In a world battered by one catastrophic event after another, Christians in publishing need to know how to discover the truth in chaotic situations, provide practical help to the church and community, and present a biblical perspective on complex topics.
Receive professional training in covering the crises that threaten your community and the world at this four-day conference in Mundelein, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago. A one-day workshop following the Crisis Publishing Initiative conference will focus on using digital means to communicate before, during, and after crises. Learn more about the Digital Journalism Workshop.
Who should attend?
Christian journalists, editors, publishers, broadcasters, and bloggers from around the world are invited to learn how to help readers meet the challenges of a world increasingly impacted by crises of all kinds.
What will be covered?
The international lineup of speakers will address a wide range of topics, including:
- Experienced journalists will tell how to untangle the confusion and rumors to get the information readers need in times of war, natural disaster, and other rapidly-developing situations.
- The reliable up-to-date information journalists need on migration worldwide, religious liberty, human trafficking, and other crises impacting the world.
- Separating fact from fiction in fields dominated by competing interests.
- How to stay safe in dangerous situations and how to recognize the signs of second-hand trauma through exposure to extreme conditions.
- Practical tips for covering war, terrorism, natural disaster, and other crises.
- And much more!
The Crisis Publishing Initiative is organized by Magazine Training International in partnership with the Evangelical Press Association. The program was developed in cooperation with Tyndale Foundation, Christianity Today, and the Humanitarian Disaster Institute.